Apply for an Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award for a chance to host your own fashion show at New York Fashion Week
APPLICATION CRITERIA AND PROGRAM DETAILS – 2013/2014
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must complete and submit the contest application form no later than November 1, 2013
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have a business based in the U.S.
- Applicants' design business must have been established no more than 5 years before date of application (Fall 2008).
- Must have a minimum of one retail account
- Application questionnaire responses must be submitted via email to Tenika Small, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must provide three (3) references from within the fashion community (e.g., retailers, established designers, fashion journalists or members of industry organizations such as FGI and CFDA). Letters of recommendation are highly encouraged but not required.
- Applicants must provide up to ten (10) photos of complete looks from their most recent collection via email and are invited to provide a link to additional photos from their own website if applicable. If selected as a finalist, designer will be required to submit five (5) complete looks or accessories samples from most recent collection.
- Email supporting materials along with application to Tenika Small (email@example.com). Must submit a 1-3 minute application video with forms (see 2014 application form for full video requirements).
- CFDA membership is not required and garment price points are not relevant.
- Past Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recipients are not eligible for categories under which they have previously won the award as an individual designer or as part of a design collective.
- See Official Rules at http://www.eccodomani.com/fashion-foundation/award/official-rules.asp for complete Contest details
Summary of Contest details is as follows:
Applicants may submit entries that fall into any of the following categories: (1) Women’s Wear, (2) Men’s Wear, or (3) Accessories. The following rules apply:
- Please be advised that submissions cannot include lingerie, swim wear, or children’s wear.
- Accessories category includes all non-ready to wear items including women’s handbags, shoes, scarves, watches, jewelry, sunglasses, hats, belts, gloves, etc.
- Note that not every category will necessarily have a winner; up to three (3) winners may be selected from the same category, pending judges’ discretion.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following judging criteria:
- Creativity and innovation;
- Unique design aesthetic;
- Workmanship (e.g. fabric selection, detail work, craftsmanship, etc.);
- Application Form responses;
- Evaluation of photos of collection;
- Personal statement as submitted in application video; and
- Industry references
- Up to 25 semi-finalists will be chosen from all entries, based on their applications and photos, by no later than November 8, 2013, and will be required to submit five (5) complete looks or accessories from their most recent collection by no later than November 27, 2013.
- Three (3) winners will be chosen as recipients of the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award no later than the week of December 16, 2013.
- Each winner will receive a $25,000 contribution to be used only for the designer’s fall show/presentation during Fashion Week, February 2014 in New York City. The Accessories winner will be required to put on a presentation by no later than March 31, 2013. Winners will be responsible for planning and execution of all Fashion Week presentations/shows.
- Winners will have creative control over their fashion shows/presentations and venues in New York City but must agree to the presence of Ecco Domani at these events.
- Each winner will be required to submit an original design for one limited edition wine-related accessory (e.g., a wine tote, a bottle wrap) that may or may not be used by Ecco Domani Wines. Each winner agrees to sign over the rights to the original design.
Please email all applications and direct any questions to Tenika Small (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than November 1, 2013.
*Please note that all submissions, including but not limited to application materials, videos, and photos become the sole property of Ecco Domani, its representatives and affiliates and will not be returned to applicants. By submitting these materials in connection with your application, you hereby assign all rights therein to Ecco Domani. Submissions may be used by Ecco Domani, its representative and affiliates in any manner, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media or advertising, and will not be returned unless deemed absolutely necessary by Ecco Domani. Ecco Domani is not responsible for lost or damaged submissions.