The Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation will be on hiatus this year.
Fashion Foundation Official Rules
OFFICIAL RULES 2013/14
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ECCO DOMANI FASHION FOUNDATION CONTEST ("the Contest’") ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. Employees of Ecco Domani USA, E. & J. Gallo Winery, FleishmanHillard, and their parent companies; Sponsor related entities; alcoholic beverage distributors and retailers; affiliates; subsidiaries; advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies; and their immediate family members are not eligible. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. In order to enter the Contest or receive a prize, you must fully comply with these Official Rules and, by entering, you represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor-designated judges, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Contest. Contest is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification.
- SPONSOR: Ecco Domani USA, 3387 Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg, CA, 95448. Ecco Domani/E. & J. Gallo Winery is not in association with Fashion Week.
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER.
The entry process begins at 12:01:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") 9/23/13, and ends at 5:00:00 PM EDT on 11/1/13. Email completed applications along with supporting materials to Tenika Small (email@example.com ).
CONTEST DETAILS: Applicants may submit entries that fall into any of the following categories:
(1) Women’s Wear, (2) Men’s Wear, or (3) Accessories.
Please be advised that submissions cannot include lingerie, swim wear, or children’s wear.
a. Accessories includes all non-ready to wear items including women’s handbags, shoes, scarves, watches, jewelry, sunglasses, hats, belts, gloves, etc.
- The Application must be completed and received no later than 5:00:00 PM EDT on November 1, 2013.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicant’s design business must have been established no more than 5 years before date of application (Fall 2008) and be based in the U.S.
- Applicants must have a minimum of one retail account.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and have a business based in the U.S.
- Application questionnaire responses must be submitted via email to Tenika Small (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Applicants must provide 3 references from within the fashion community (i.e., retailers, established designers, fashion journalists or members of industry organizations such as FGI and CFDA). By providing references, you are granting permission for Sponsor to contact the references as a means of obtaining additional information about you. Letters of recommendation are highly encouraged (but not required).
- Applicants must provide up to ten (10) photos of complete looks from their most recent collection via email and are invited to provide a link to additional photos from their own website if applicable. If selected as a finalist, designer will be required to submit five (5) complete looks or accessories samples from most recent collection.
Applicant must submit a 1-3 minute application video with Application. The video must be submitted as an .mp4 file. Video must be in English and may only feature entrant and no other person. Video must be entrant’s own original work, created solely by entrant and not created professionally; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Videos may not contain any material that is violent, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, racially or morally offensive or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material. Video must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant. The video must include the following information:
- Describe your design point-of-view/aesthetic.
- Explain why you believe you should be an Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recipient and why this award is important to you.
- Give us three words that best describe your own style personality (examples: vibrant, edgy, cutting-edge, vintage, classic).
- Samples of your collection.
- The video may also repeat answers to the questions on the Applicant’s Questionnaire.
- CFDA membership is not required and garment price points are not relevant.
- Applicant must sign a contract with Contest Sponsors no later than December 16, 2013 (the "Contract"), outlining the details/requirements of participation in Fashion Week.
- Applicant must provide a taxpayer identification number using IRS form W-9 and complete a supplier diversity form.
- Past Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recipients are not eligible for categories under which they have previously won the award as an individual designer or as part of a design collective..
WINNER SELECTION: Up to twenty-five (25) finalists will be chosen from all eligible entries received, based on their Applications and photos, by no later than November 8, 2013. All finalists will be required to submit five (5) complete looks or accessories samples from their most recent collection by no later than November 27, 2013. Three (3) winners will be chosen as recipients of the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award no later than the week of December 16, 2013. Note that not every category will necessarily have a winner; up to three winners may be selected from the same category, pending judges’ discretion.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following judging criteria:
- Creativity and innovation;
- Unique design aesthetic;
- Workmanship (e.g. fabric selection, detail work, craftsmanship, etc.);
- Application Form responses;
- Evaluation of photos of collection;
- Personal statement as submitted in application video; and
- Industry references.
Each winner will be awarded $25,000 from the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation to be used only for the showing of their Fall Collection at Fashion Week in New York in February 2014. As part of this agreement, clothing design winners are obligated to host a fashion show or presentation during Fashion Week in February 2014 in New York City, New York.
Each winner will be required to submit an original design for one limited edition wine-related accessory (e.g., a wine tote, a bottle wrap) that may or may not be used by Ecco Domani Wines. Each winner agrees to sign over the rights to the original design.
Any Winner(s) featuring an Accessories design are required to present his/her collection(s) in a presentation for members of the press and the fashion community by no later than March 31, 2014. Winners will be responsible for planning and execution of all Fashion Week presentations/shows.
Winners will have creative control over their fashion shows/presentations and venues in New York City but must agree to the presence of Ecco Domani at these events, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand signage (includes: step-and-repeat, bar signage, gobo, welcome/congratulations sign).
- Branded items in gift bags.
- Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation and Ecco Domani Wines logo in show program materials.
- Ecco Domani wine pouring (where allowable by selected venue).
- Up to thirty (30) tickets with backstage access for Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation judging panel, Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation spokesperson and Ecco Domani brand executives.
- Backstage access for Ecco Domani social team member to capture footage and images of Fashion Show/presentation and Winner interviews for Ecco Domani social channels.
- Ten (10) tickets for Ecco Domani team and brand executives to attend any post-show party/event along with first right of refusal to serve as official wine for event.
- Two (2) tickets per show for each judge to attend all future shows for the next five (5) years beyond Term of Contract.
- Six (6) tickets per show for all shows for the next five (5) years beyond Term of Contract for Ecco Domani brand executives.
- Access to a minimum of one (1) collection photograph and/or video to tease the designer’s fashion show prior to the event on Ecco Domani’s social channels (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter).
- Access to a minimum of three (3) Fashion Show photographs and/or videos secured by Winner’s in-house team within 24 hours after Fashion Show for publicity purposes (e.g., on social channels, in media outreach, on the Ecco Domani or Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation website).
- Copies of name and likeness releases signed by all runway models participating in his/her Fashion Show for Ecco Domani’s use in support of Ecco Domani publicity and promotions (to be provided by Ecco Domani). Winner further agrees not to use any models that are members of any collective bargaining agreement, such as Screen Actor’s Guild (SAG) or American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA).
- Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation celebration event in New York City (date and time TBD): Winner will attend and have active role at event and participate in photo opportunities and media interviews. Winner will also use good faith efforts to invite celebrity clientele, industry influencers, friends and family to attend event (exact number of allotted invitees TBD).
- Loan one full outfit from Winner’s most recent collection to be temporarily displayed at event.
- Post a minimum of two (2) photos and/or videos to their digital properties (Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and/or Facebook) with reference to the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation; posts must link to the Ecco Domani Facebook page.
- Create an Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation-themed board on Pinterest featuring their favorite designs.
- Participate in one-hour message training session (to be conducted by phone) to familiarize Winner with Ecco Domani brand messaging for media interviews.
- Attend/participate in media interviews related to Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation during Term of Contract (exact dates and times to be mutually agreed upon by both parties).
- Discuss/include Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recognition, Ecco Domani Wines, and key brand messaging in all media interviews during Term of Contract.
- Discuss/include Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recognition, Ecco Domani Wines, and key brand messaging in all media interviews; where appropriate during Term of Contract (Contract to be signed upon award notification); agree to include any messaging around limited edition wine-related accessory (e.g., tote bag, bottle wrap) that may or may not be produced by Ecco Domani wines.
Upon award notifications, Winner agrees to notify the FleishmanHillard team of any upcoming/pending media interviews that might serve as possible Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation coverage opportunities between now and March 31, 2014.
Each Winner warrants and represents that: (i) s/he will fulfill the prize requirements in a competent and professional manner; (ii) s/he will not make any claims about Ecco Domani Wines unless such claims have been approved in writing by Ecco Domani or FleishmanHillard in advance; (iii) all statements made by him/her regarding his/her personal opinions, beliefs or experiences with Ecco Domani Wines will be truthful and an expression of his/her personal experience and belief and will not contain any statements or representations about Sponsor or Ecco Domani Wines which are not true or are misleading or deceptive; and (iv) s/he will disclose that s/he is a prize recipient of the Contest when publicly expressing any opinions, beliefs, findings or experiences about Ecco Domani Wines. Each Winner further agrees and represents that s/he will not represent or serve as a spokesperson for any other wine brand during Term of Contract.
Each Winner hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any representation or warrant of Winner hereunder.Winner agrees to provide the following materials and services surrounding Ecco Domani Wines during the Term of Contract:
Design of one (1) wine-related accessory (e.g., tote, bottle wrap, etc.) for Ecco Domani Wines.
- Each 2013 EDFF Winner will be provided with specific instructions regarding the design upon signing the contract,
- Each 2013 EDFF Winner releases the rights of their design to Ecco Domani Wines for a period of five (5) years,
- Ecco Domani Wines maintains the option to produce the limited edition wine tote at any point within five (5) years, but is not required to do so.
- Winner bio and hi-res headshot/photo to be featured on Ecco Domani website and social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) as well as for use in media outreach.
- Appearance at 3-4 Ecco Domani media/consumer events to take place during Term of Contract (in addition to above mentioned Fashion Week related activities). Such events may include but are not limited to publicity surrounding the release of the original wine accessory design, an Ecco Domani tasting event or an Ecco Domani presence at a consumer event.
- Winner will participate in Ecco Domani social media activities including but not limited to sharing a minimum of two (2) branded posts via social channels (personal blogs, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook accounts) as well as helping to drive "fans" to Ecco Domani Facebook Page by linking to this page in all posts.
- Up to five (5) media interviews relating to the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation (dates and times of interviews to be determined and agreed upon by both parties).
- Up to 5 media events relating to the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation (dates and times TBD).
- Provide Ecco Domani with allotment of six (6) tickets to attend designer’s future runway shows/presentations.
- One unique design (e.g., tote bag, bottle wrap) with the potential to be produced and distributed by Ecco Domani wines at some point during the next five years.
Winners also agree to participate in and attend events that are directly related to leveraging public relations activities surrounding the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation.
Except where prohibited or restricted by law, each Winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes each Winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor to use Winner’s name, biographical material, voice, signature, autograph, photographs, quotes, image, original style-related content, interviews and likeness ("Name and Likeness") in connection with any and all types of media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide and in perpetuity, to promote and advertise Ecco Domani Wines, including but not limited to press materials, press kits, news releases, television, radio, print, consumer and trade materials, brand social media platforms, the Internet, DVDs, internal materials, and sales meetings, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review or approval. Each Winner’s acceptance of prize also constitutes each Winner’s agreement that Sponsor has the right to publicize Winner’s association with the brand.
Winners will be paid 100% of the prize no later than January 17, 2014. Checks will be made payable to the Winner or Winner’s business. The total value of all prizes awarded for this Contest is $75,000. Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, and for any and all transportation, accommodations, meals, gratuities, personal incidentals and any other expenses necessary to take part in Fashion Week. Winners must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number or business tax identification number for tax purposes. In the event, for whatever reason, the 2014 Fashion Week is postponed, the Winners must use the prize to show their designs at the rescheduled time.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES. Potential Winners will be notified by mail, phone, or email, in Sponsor’s discretion, by no later than the week of December 16, 2013; all semi-finalists who have not won will receive notification via mail. Eligibility, age, and claim by Winners are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by Sponsor. Potential Prize Winners must sign before a notary and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptances/Liability, (where legally permissible) a Publicity Release Form (collectively, the "Affidavit") within ten (10) business days of receipt, and the Contract outlining details of participation in Fashion Week. In the event that: (i) potential Winner cannot be contacted for whatever reason, (ii) potential Winner does not respond within ten (10) days, (iii) potential Winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (iv) potential Winner cannot or will not fulfill the prize conditions and requirements, (v) potential Winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (vi) prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, (vi) potential Winner fails to comply with the Affidavit and Contract related obligation, or (vii) potential Winner declines the prize for any reason, the potential Winner will be disqualified, in which case the prize may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to an alternate Winner(s) as selected from among all remaining applications.
- INTERNET. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any website promoting the Contest, or (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY; RIGHT TO MODIFY; FORUM SELECTION. By entering this Contest, entrants and Winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, Sponsor related entities, alcoholic beverage distributors and retailers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies and their respective employees, officers and directors from any and all liability, claims, action, or proceedings for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress) and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for or participation in the Contest or acceptance of the prize or participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, Winners or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in New York County, State of New York. Entrants and Winners hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have.
- NAMES OF WINNERS: Names of winners will be officially announced in January 2014 via press release. For a copy of the official rules or winners’ list, please visit http://www.eccodomani.com/fashion-foundation/ or send an email to Tenika Small (email@example.com).