Fashion Foundation Official Rules
OFFICIAL RULES 2012/13
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ECCO DOMANI FASHION FOUNDATION CONTEST ("the "Contest") ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. Employees of Ecco Domani USA, DeVries Public Relations and their parent companies; Sponsor related entities; alcoholic beverage distributors and retailers; affiliates; subsidiaries; advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies; and their immediate family members are not eligible. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. In order to enter the Contest or receive a prize, you must fully comply with these Official Rules and, by entering, you represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor-designated judges, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Contest. Contest is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification.
- SPONSOR: Ecco Domani USA, 3387 Dry Creek Road, Hayward, CA, 95448. Ecco Domani/E. & J. Gallo Winery is not in association with Fashion Week.
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER. The entry process begins at 12:01:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") 8/13/12,
and ends at 5:00:00 PM EDT on 10/4/12. If submitting application via mail (USPS, UPS, FedEx), package must be postmarked
by above date. If submitting via hand-delivery or messenger, application must be received by above date. To enter, go to
www.eccodomani.com, complete the official application (the "Application"), and submit
the Application to the following address:
DeVries Public Relations
Attn: Beth Cohan
30 East 60th St., 14th Fl.
New York, NY 10022
CONTEST DETAILS: The applicant must choose one of the following categories in which to enter:
(1) Women's Wear, (2) Men's Wear, (3) Accessories or (4) Sustainable Design. The following rules apply:
- Women's and Men's Design categories do not include lingerie or swim wear.
- Accessories category includes all non-ready to wear items including women’s handbags, shoes, scarves, watches, jewelry, sunglasses, hats, belts, gloves, etc.
The Sustainable Design category is open to men’s and women’s ready-to-wear designers who exhibit an awareness
of the following three components of sustainability:
Designers must show an understanding of these three issues and how they interact. In addition, designers
must be high performers in at least one of the following areas:
- Environment: Design practices consider and where possible enhance environmental quality.
- Social Equity: Business is conducted in an ethical, fair, and equitable manner.
- Economic viability: Business practices are viable in the long-term.
- Use of environmentally friendly fabrics and materials (i.e. recycled materials, natural materials, etc.).
- Use of natural, chemical-free, or other environmentally friendly dyes.
- Use of production methods that minimize environmental impact.
- Material sourcing and/or production methods that promote fair trade and/or social equity for workers.
The Application must be completed no later than October 4, 2012.
*If submitting application via mail (USPS, UPS, FedEx), package must be postmarked by above date. If submitting via hand-delivery or messenger, application must be received by above date.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must be legal residents of the United States.
- Applicant's design business must have been established no more than 5 years before date of application (Fall 2007)
- Applicants must have a minimum of one retail account
- Applicants must be U.S.-based designers
- Application questionnaire responses must be submitted on 8.5 X 11 form
- Applicants must provide 3 references from within the fashion community (i.e., retailers, established designers, fashion journalists or members of industry organizations such as FGI and CFDA). By providing references, you are granting permission for Sponsor to contact that person as a means of obtaining additional information about you. Letters of recommendation are highly encouraged (but not required).
- Applicants must provide most recent look book OR a minimum of 10 photos (with swatches if possible) of most recent collection; AND, if selected as a semi-finalist, will be required to submit 5 complete looks or accessories samples from most recent collection.
Applicant must submit a 2-3 minute application video with Application. The video must be submitted on a CD or DVD.
Video must be in English and may only feature entrant and no other person. Video must be entrant’s own original work,
created solely by entrant and not created professionally; must not have been previously published, released or
distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy,
publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Videos may not contain any material that is
violent, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, racially or morally offensive
or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material. Video must not contain any personally identifiable
information of any person other than entrant. The video must include the following information:
- Describe your design point-of-view/aesthetic
- Explain why you believe you should be an Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recipient and why this award is important to you
- A brief statement on why/how design is a form of self-expression
- Give us three words that best describe your own style personality (examples: vibrant, edgy, cutting-edge, vintage, classic)
- Samples of your collection
- The video may also repeat answers to the questions on the Applicant’s Questionnaire.
- CFDA membership is not required and garment price points are not relevant.
- Applicant must sign a contract with Contest Sponsors no later than December 19, 2012 (the "Contract"), outlining the details/requirements of participation in Fashion Week.
- Must provide a taxpayer identification number using IRS form W-9 and complete a supplier diversity form.
- Past Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Women's Wear and Men's Wear winners may qualify to enter under the Accessories or Sustainable Design category, provided they have been in the design business no more than 5 years.
- Past Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recipients are not eligible for categories under which they have previously won the award as an individual designer or as part of a design collective.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following judging criteria:
- Creativity and innovation
- Unique design aesthetic
- Workmanship (e.g. fabric selection, detail work, craftsmanship, etc.)
- Application Form responses
- Evaluation of look book or photos of collection
- Personal statement as submitted in application video
- Industry references
Each winner will be awarded $25,000 from the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation to be used only for the showing of their Fall Collection at Fashion Week in New York, February 2013. As part of this agreement, Winners in the Women's Wear, Men's Wear and Sustainable Design categories are obligated to host a fashion show or presentation during Fashion Week, February 2013 in New York.
The Accessories winner is required to present his/her collection in a presentation for members of the press and the fashion community by no later than March 31, 2013. Winners will be responsible for planning and execution of all Fashion Week presentations/shows.
Each winner will be required to submit a design for a limited edition wine tote to be used by Ecco Domani Wines. Each winner agrees to sign over the rights to the tote design.
Winners will have creative control over their fashion shows/presentations and venues in New York City but must agree to the presence of Ecco Domani at these events, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand signage (includes: step-and-repeat, bar signage, gobo, welcome/congratulations sign).
- Branded items in gift bags.
- Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation and Ecco Domani Wines logo in show program materials.
- Ecco Domani wine pouring (where allowable by selected venue).
- Fifteen (15) tickets with backstage access for DeVries PR team, Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation spokesperson and Ecco Domani brand executives (including 4-5 front row seats for top executives and spokesperson).
- Six (6) Tickets with backstage access for top-tier media secured by DeVries PR to cover Fashion Show and interview Winner (media to be discussed and agreed upon by both parties).
- Press/photo credentials and backstage access for Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation photographers and videographers to capture footage and images of Fashion Show/presentation and Winner interviews.
- Ten (10) Tickets for Ecco Domani team and brand executives to attend any post-show party/event along with first right of refusal to serve as official wine for event.
- Access to Fashion Show photographs and video secured by Winner’s in-house team within 24 hours after Fashion Show.
- Copies of name and likeness releases signed by all runway models participating in his/her Fashion Show for Ecco Domani's use of the models' names and likenesses in support of Ecco Domani publicity and promotions (to be provided by Ecco Domani). Winner further agrees not to use any models that are members of any collective bargaining agreement, such as Screen Actor's Guild (SAG) or American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA).
- Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation celebration event (date and time TBD): Winner will attend and have active role at event and participate in photo opportunities and media interviews. Winner will also use good faith efforts to invite celebrity clientele, industry influencers, friends and family to attend event (exact number of allotted invitees TBD).
- Loan one full outfit from Winner's most recent collection to be temporarily displayed at event.
- Participate in one-hour message training session (to be conducted by phone) to familiarize Winner with Ecco Domani brand messaging for media interviews.
- Attend/participate in media interviews related to Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation to be scheduled by DeVries PR during Term of Contract (exact dates and times to be mutually agreed upon by both parties).
- Discuss/include Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recognition, Ecco Domani Wines, and key brand messaging in all media interviews secured by DeVries Public Relations team during Term of Contract.
- Discuss/include Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award recognition, Ecco Domani Wines, and key brand messaging in all media interviews; where appropriate during Term of Contract (Contract to be signed upon award notification); agree to include any messaging around limited edition wine tote bags that may or may not be produced by Ecco Domani wines.
- Agrees to be filmed and interviewed during the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation process (winners' announcement through Fashion Week activities) for use in promotional Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation videos to be featured on the Ecco Domani brand website, the Ecco Domani YouTube channel, social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, etc), and in public relations related activities. Interviews may take place at Winner’s home, studio or other location specified by Ecco Domani.
- Upon award notifications, Winner agrees to notify DeVries Public Relations team of any upcoming/pending media interviews that might serve as possible Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation coverage opportunities.
Each Winner warrants and represents that: (i) s/he will fulfill the prize requirements in a competent and professional manner; (ii) s/he will not make any claims about Ecco Domani Wines unless such claims have been approved in writing by Ecco Domani or DeVries PR in advance; (iii) all statements made by him/her regarding his/her personal opinions, beliefs or experiences with Ecco Domani Wines will be truthful and an expression of his/her personal experience and belief and will not contain any statements or representations about Sponsor or Ecco Domani Wines which are not true or are misleading or deceptive; and (iv) s/he will disclose that s/he is a prize recipient of the Contest when publicly expressing any opinions, beliefs, findings or experiences about Ecco Domani Wines. Each Winner further agrees and represents that s/he will not represent or serve as a spokesperson for any other wine brand during Term of Contract.
Each Winner hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any representation or warrant of Winner hereunder.Winner agrees to provide the following materials and services surrounding Ecco Domani Wines during the Term of Contract:
Design of one (1) wine tote for Ecco Domani Wines
- Each 2013 EDFF Winner will be provided with specific instructions regarding wine tote design upon signing the Contract
- Each 2013 EDFF Winner releases the rights of their design to Ecco Domani Wines
- Ecco Domani Wines maintains the option to produce the limited edition wine tote, but is not required to do so
- Winner bio and hi-res headshot/photo to be featured on Ecco Domani website and social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, etc) as well as for use in media outreach.
- Lifestyle content relating to Ecco Domani public relations activities and programs to be used in media relations, online outreach, advertising, and POS materials at retail (focus of content to be agreed upon at a later date).
- Appearance at 3-4 Ecco Domani media/consumer events to take place during Term of Contract (in addition to above mentioned Fashion Week related activities).
- Winner will participate in Ecco Domani social media activities including but not limited to sharing brand content via personal blogs, Twitter and Facebook accounts (content to be determined and agreed upon by both parties at a later date) as well as helping to drive "fans" to Ecco Domani Facebook Page.
- Up to 5 media interviews relating to the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation (dates and times of interviews to be determined and agreed upon by both parties).
- Up to 5 media events relating to the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation (dates and times TBD).
- Provide Ecco Domani with allotment of tickets to attend designer’s future runway shows/presentations.
Winners also agree to participate in and attend events that are directly related to leveraging public relations activities surrounding the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation.
Except where prohibited or restricted by law, each Winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes each Winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor to use Winner's name, biographical material, voice, signature, autograph, photographs, quotes, image, original style-related content, interviews and likeness ("Name and Likeness") in connection with any and all types of media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide and in perpetuity, to promote and advertise Ecco Domani Wines, including but not limited to press materials, press kits, news releases, television, radio, print, consumer and trade materials, brand social media platforms, the Internet, DVDs, internal materials, and sales meetings, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review or approval. Each Winner's acceptance of prize also constitutes each Winner’s agreement that Sponsor has the right to publicize Winner’s association with the brand.
Winners will be paid 100% of the prize no later than January 7, 2013. Checks will be made payable to the Winner or Winner’s business. The total value of all prizes awarded for this Contest is $100,000. Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, and for any and all transportation, accommodations, meals, gratuities, personal incidentals and any other expenses necessary to take part in Fashion Week. Winners must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number or business tax identification number for tax purposes. In the event, for whatever reason, the 2013 Fashion Week is postponed, the Winners must use the prize to show their designs at the rescheduled time.
Italian Table Wine, ©2012 Ecco Domani USA, Hayward, CA. All rights reserved.