BBQ Shrimp with Pinot Grigio Butter
- 1/2 cup Italian Pinot Grigio, such as Ecco Domani
- 2 sticks of butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Zests of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinot Grigio Butter:
Place Italian Pinot Grigio in sauce pot and reduce to 2 tablespoons. Place butter, garlic, onion, parsley, zests, salt and pepper in a food processor. Add the reduced wine and pulse until it is uniformly mixed.
Season the shrimp with salt and toss with olive oil. Grill shrimp until cooked and top with Italian Pinot Grigio butter.
Pairs well with Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio.