Fantastic Fusilli Recipe
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can ready-cut tomatoes, well drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 ounces fusilli or spiral pasta
- 1 cup lightly packed basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
In a medium skillet, heat garlic in olive oil over low heat about 5 minutes. Stir in well drained tomatoes and olives. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook pasta according to package direction. To serve, turn tomato mixture into a warm ceramic bowl. Add well drained hot pasta, basil leaves, and 1/2 cup cheese. Toss well. Sprinkle remaining cheese and pine nuts on top.
Pairs well with Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio.