Smoked Salmon Kedgeree Recipe
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons shrimp bouillon
- 1-2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup yellow corn
- 8-10 ounces smoked salmon, shredded
- 1/4 cup flat-leafed parsley, chopped
Add shrimp bouillon to boiling water. Add rice and cook until al dente. Add oil to a skillet on low heat. Stir in the curry powder until it dissolves. Add jalapeno and onions, and sauté until onions are golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside. When rice has set, transfer to the skillet and sauté until coated in infused oil. Shred salmon with a fork and add to skillet along with chopped eggs, corn and peas. Toss until warmed. Serve on individual plates and garnish with parsley.
Click here for other great brunch ideas.
Pairs well with Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio.