Ziti Pasta with Mixed Vegetables Recipe
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 oz. Ziti, Mostaccioli or other pasta shape of medium thickness
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked mixed vegetables
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prepare ziti pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add scallions and sauté over medium heat until limp. Do not brown. Remove from heat. Stir in Italian seasoning, horseradish sauce, milk and cheese. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in cooked vegetables and heat. Place pasta in a large, heated bowl, and toss with sauce.
Pairs well with Ecco Domani Moscato.